Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

MUA Makeup Academy / Sleek contour kit Review..



While I was in London , I decided to make the most of having a huge superdrug , and bought a few MUA products and the sleek contour kit. Overall I really like these products - with an eye palette only £4 who wouldn't love it ?

I was really excited to try out some MUA products as I had heard so many great reviews about their Heaven & Earth palette, and I must say I am now a huge fan!
The colours in this palette are AMAZING and really wearable if your not a fan of bold eyeshadow. The eyeshadows are easy to blend and I find the colours are really pigmented when applied with your finger or the brush that comes with it , although when i tried to apply it using my own eyeshadow brush , it wasn't as good. So I would recommend to apply using your finger and then to blend using your own brush :)


MUA Eyeshadow Palette in Heaven & Earth £4.
I then bought the Glamour Nights eyeshadow palette.
The quality of this palette is similar to that of the Heaven & Earth only 1 colour disappointed me , the white. Other than that , this is a really great palette and i adore the Green , Purple and Crimson/Hot pink colours. 

Glamour Nights £4.
After that , I bought the MUA blusher in shade 1 and pressed powder in shade 2.

I really like the colour of the blush as its a soft pinky colour with a slight gold sheen to it as i think it goes really well with my skin tone, the only fault i have with this product is that the texture is bit chalky. But for £1 its a great product and i will defiantly be buying the other colours next time I'm in superdrug.

Blusher in shade-1.
£1
I haven't been able to use the pressed powder much as i bought it in shade-2 , and my skin tends to be quite pale and dry in the winter months , so i find i don't need a powder. From when i have used it , it seems ok , im not that pushed on this product and i wouldn't be in a rush to recommend this anytime soon. Having said that if you need a cheap powder you cant really go wrong with £1 to test it out.

MUA pressed powder shade-2.
£1

Finally , I bought the sleek contour kit in Light. I have been on the hunt for a contour kit for a while and I really like this kit , this product actually reminds me of the Make Up Forver Sculpting kit which a good bit more expensive. I find the colours to blend easily and stay well. I would recommend to apply the darker colour lightly and build it up for a less obvious effect :) For the price this is a really good product and i would highly recommend if your are looking for a contour kit .

Sleek contour kit - Light.
I can't remember what i paid for this in pounds , but it's €7.99 :) 


Thats the end of my little shopping trip to superdrug :) Please excuse the products being in a not so perfect condition as i didn't realise i would be blogging them! I hope you enjoyed my first blog - Im sure ill get better at it soon!
Please leave any comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment