Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

Ombre Obsession..

Once again,  I am absolutely loving ombre hair , I think ombre has been everywhere the past couple of years since various celebrities have been trying out the sunkissed look , including Drew Barrymore , Khloe Kardashian ,  Jessica Biel just to name a few :)

For those of you who dont know what ombre is heres some info.
In french une ombre means to shadow or shade.
Ombre is the term used to describe the gradual lightning of the hair strand.
It is recommend that this technique is done by a professional to achieve the desired effect and also this look requires bleach which is very damaging to the hair.
Other names for this technique includes dip-dye , smudged or balayage (although there is a sight difference between balayage and ombre which I will explain below)

Balayage is a technique where the majority of the brush strokes are 'painted' vertically down the hair shaft and usually only to the front of the hair creating natural sunkissed highlights.
Warning: This should be done by a professional with experience and knowlage of using the balayage technique as if not done correctly the highlights can appear 'chunky' and obvious.

These are just some of my favourite of the (many) images I have saved to my computer of ombre hair.

This must be one of my favourite pictures of ombre hair





 





I just love how Boho and effortless ombre hair looks , this a really low maintenance colour as you dont need to touch up your roots ever few weeks :) 
Personally I prefere ombre hair with Curly/Wavy hair as it looks more gradual and beachy.

I hope you found this post helpful if you are considering getting an ombre.

Just a bit of advice if your are considering ombre:

This look will damage your hair as bleach is involved, so i would recommend investing in a good hair mask or using olive oil as a deep conditioner , and to give your hair a break from heated styling tools.
Also the blonde can go quite brassy so it might be worth your time to buy a purple shampoo to counteract the brassy-ness :)

All of these images have been found on google images , Pinterest or We Heart It 

Anyways , I hope you enjoyed reading my blogs and please leave any comments or questions below :)
Let me know what do you think of ombre ? Love it or Hate it ? 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment